Knights code of conduct
- Obey all rules and regulations of New Rochelle Knights Baseball
- Refrain from giving players instructions during the game - allow the coaches to manage the team and game.
- Refrain from dugout visits.
- Get my child to practice and games on time.
- Remember that my child is involved in organized sports for their enjoyment, not mine
- Teach my child to always play by the rules.
- Teach my child that hard work and an honest effort are often more important than a victory.
- Help my child work toward improving his/her skills and good sportsmanship in every game. My child will then be a winner, even in defeat.
- Not ridicule or yell at my child for making a mistake or for losing a game.
- Set a good example. Children learn best by example.
- Not publicly question an umpire judgment and honesty. Accept the umpire decision as final and respect the fact that they can also make mistakes.
- Recognize the value and importance of all coaches. I will give them their due respect. Without them, there would be no program.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from youth sporting activities.
- If I have a problem/conflict with the Manager or Coach, I will NOT approach them during or immediately after a game. I will call the coach to discuss the matter or set a meeting with the manager or coach to discuss the matter.
- Accept the coaches decision regarding playing positions and the amount of playing time. I understand that there are no guarantees for equal playing time or positions.
- Understand that The New Rochelle Knights Baseball program reserves the right to release any player from the team due to poor sportsmanship and for other reasons that include, but are not limited to, lack of cooperation, poor attitude, lack of commitment, effort or attendance.
- Understand and acknowledge that the player registration fee is non-refundable. If a child is dismissed or voluntarily leaves New Rochelle Knights Baseball, the parents are not entitled to a refund and all monies are forfeited.
- Understand that the coach may impose additional rules, guidelines and/or policies that I am required to follow and failure to comply with the rules, guidelines and/or policies is a violation of your commitment.
- Will maintain disciplinary control of their players at all times while they are under their jurisdiction.
- Will address the officials in a respectful manner and accept all judgment calls as final.
- Will abide by all New Rochelle Knights Baseball rules and regulations, Coaches will also abide by all rules and regulations of the respective travel leagues and organizations that they participate in.
- Will set a positive example of sportsmanlike conduct for the players to follow.
- Will treat opposing players as they would treat their own players.
- Will do my best to provide a safe environment for all players.
- Will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all players.
- Will maintain control of the spectators without denying the spectators their rights to sportsmanlike conduct, such as cheering, shouted comments, etc., as long as these actions do not become derogatory, abusive or defamatory in nature.
- Will make certain that their players observe all the rules of good sportsmanship at all times, avoiding arguing with officials, unsportsmanlike comments, and any unnecessary rough play that is likely to cause injury.
- Will remember that I am a youth sports coach, and that the game is for the children and not the adults.
As we attempt to promote the most positive experience for the youth of New Rochelle NY, we are committed to the following standards:
All coaches, parents and players should read the following standards and sign below to indicate their willingness to abide by them. As parents/guardians of a player, you are responsible for yourself, as well as, all guests and family members who attend the game. In addition, the team coach will be held accountable for the behavior of their team spectators and will be disciplined accordingly if spectators do not uphold these standards.
ALL COACHES AND SPECTATORS WILL:
- Comply with the policies and procedures of New Rochelle Knights Baseball.
- Respect all participants, coaches, staff, officials and volunteers at every practice or youth sports event and encourage all children to do the same.
- Refrain from abusive or inappropriate language, gestures, or physical contact toward officials, volunteers, coaches, staff and participants.
- Accept the decisions of the officials as being fair and performed to the best of their ability. Spectators shall never go onto the court or playing field, or approach the official scorekeeper, while the game is in progress or immediately after the event. Allow the coach to take all questions, rule interpretations or concerns to the appropriate umpire or league official.
- Refrain from giving the children instructions during the game - allow the coaches to manage the team and game. This includes visits to the dugout area.
- Help ensure the safety of any playing area by reporting any unsafe hazards, removing trash, refraining from the use of tobacco within 50 yards of playing field or program site and refraining from use of alcohol or other drugs at or immediately prior to all youth sports events.
- Abide by a doctor decision in all matters of health, injuries and ability to play.
- Remember that the game is for youth, Not adults.
I/We agree to help make youth sports fun and to help teach our players good sportsmanship. I/we understand and will abide by the above standards: (please sign and return this form to your players coach)